Tuesday, October 2, 2007

An Open Letter to Bono

Dear Mr. Bono -

I've defended your borderline sanctimonious preaching for years. I stood up to those who screamed "traitor" when you met with Jessie Helms (I took some shit for that one, by the way). I still bought the last two sub par U2 albums (and I NEVER buy music any more - except when Springsteen puts out a record). I even shrugged when I heard you were helping bring Spiderman to Broadway (seriously?).

Then I read about you penning a song for the new Spice Girls greatest hits album. Indefensible! Mr. Paul David Hewson you have gone too far this time. With this letter I am officially severing our fan/musician relationship.

I'm heading out to where The Streets Have No Name, In God's Country, because I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for. Walk On.

Good day sir.
John

No comments: